1. This Vita-Chamber is to your left. Atlas gives you a new goal: find your way to Emergency Access.
2. Here's a map of the level. All maps can be viewed on the maps page.
Map - Medical Pavilion
1. ADAM's Changes - Audio Diary
2. Released Today - Audio Diary
3. Higher Standards - Audio Diary
4. Love For Science - Audio Diary
5. Parasite Expectations - Audio Diary
6. Limits of Imagination - Audio Diary
7. Vandalism - Audio Diary
8. Freezing Pipes - Audio Diary
9. Hacker's Delight - Physical Tonic
10. Incinerate - Plasmid
11. Surgery's Picasso - Audio Diary
12. Enrage Trial - Audio Diary
13. Wrench Jocky - Combat Tonic
14. Useless Experiments - Audio Diary
15. Testing Telekinesis - Audio Diary
16. Telekinesis - Plasmid
17. Speedy Hacker - Engineering Tonic
18. Plasmids Are The Paint - Audio Diary
19. Symmetry - Audio Diary
20. Static Discharge - Combat Tonic
21. Aphrodite Walking - Audio Diary
22. Not What She Wanted - Audio Diary
23. Gatherer Vulnerability - Audio Diary
24. Security Expert - Engineering Tonic
3. Turn right, then keep left around the first corner to find this Security Bot. Approach and press "X" to initiate your first hacking attempt.
4. Here are the instructions for the hacking mini-game. It's pretty straightforward and not as difficult as it looks, once you get some practice. It's essentially another version of the Pipe Dream game.
5. The water moves very slowly during this training hack. Here is one possible solution.
6. Once hacked, the doors will open and the bot will stay by your side and defend you. While two Splicers fight it out to the right, approach the desk on the left to find the ADAM's Changes audio diary, machine gun ammo and a First Aid Kit. There is also a storage crate to the left of the desk
7. You can backtrack a bit to hack the Circus of Values vending machine, but it is much more difficult to hack. Ahead is the Emergency Access you've been looking for, but you'll find it locked. Pistol ammo is behind a column on the right.
8. Defeat the victor of the dueling Splicers, then find a storage crate under the stairs before ascending them to this Emergency Access Control. Using it triggers a new goal from Atlas: get the key from Dr. Steinman.
9. Pass through the now-unlocked door behind yourself and defeat this Thuggish Splicer. Grab the machine gun and search the storage crate on the right before activating the Electrical Override Switch ahead.
10. Activating the switch triggers a Splicer attack. Press the right stick to zoom your revolver and tag the Splicers as they rush through. Your hacked security bot will engage them. Survivors will attack through the door behind you.
11. Jump below, and approach the reception desk to find the Released Today audio diary, along with a handful of supplies. Ascend the curved staircase.
12. More supplies are found here, including cash and pistol rounds.
13. Witness the apparition before the power is restored. Use the door control to the right of the doors and continue ahead.
14. You'll emerge in a large rectangular hallway. Funeral services and the crematorium (plus an EVE hypo) are to the left, surgery (plus a searchable trash can) is to the right. Find Steinman's audio diary Higher Standards under the rightmost poster.
15. Proceed cautiously around the corner. This turret, plus another in a storage room on the right, must be hacked to make the unfolding battle winnable. Zap the turret with your Electro Bolt to temporarily disable it, then quickly approach and press "X" to hack it.
16. This storage room makes for a decent, albeit temporary, refuge against the onslaught of Leadhead Splicers. Inside you'll find a First Aid Kit, Armor-Piercing Bullets, storage crates and a cabinet to search.
17. The Armor-Piercing Bullets are special ammo for your revolver, effective against turrets and other armored targets. Use the D-Pad to change ammo type, seen in the lower-left of your screen.
18. Lots of Leadheads Splicers join the battle. Your Machine Gun is useful when there are this many foes, but its kickback makes aiming very difficult, at least for now. In fact, this is one of the more difficult battles of the game. You are not yet Spliced for battle and your weapons are not yet modified, yet there are plenty of enemies about.
19. Two Health Stations are in the area, and they will be at the service of the Splicers. Hacking them will inflict damage on any Splicers who attempt to heal. Muahaha! Now the battle is turning!
20. Once the battle calms, search the immediate area for goodies, such as this Love For Science audio diary. (Avoid the Eternal Flame crematorium -- you don't want to open that can of worms just yet.)
21. The Parasite Expectations audio diary can be found here. Search the nearby cash registers for money.
22. Steinman's Limits of Imagination audio diary is found on this wall.
23. Enter this side hallway on the left to find Circus of Values and El Ammo Bandito vending machines, plus Andrew Ryan's Vandalism audio diary. Note the supply-room sign on the right to get your bearings.
24. It is more difficult to hack the vending machines, but you are rewarded with more items to buy, and everything will be less expensive.
25. Descend these stairs to the Dental Services area.
26. Storage crates, trash cans, and this supply room with an Automatic Hack tool are found. Use your Electro Bolt to open the supply room door.
27. The path to Dental Services is blocked by ice. Pull McDonagh's Freezing Pipes audio diary out of the ice for some background. If only there were some way to melt the ice and unblock the path...
28. Now would be a good time to visit the Eternal Flame crematorium. Keep left up the stairs and find it here on the right. A Thuggish Splicer is blown to bits by this guy, your first Nitro Splicer. Electric Buck ammo is on the ledge to the left.
29. The Nitro Splicer tosses bombs your way and is the deadliest foe you've seen yet. Zap him with your Electro Bolt then rush to this back room inside Eternal Flame. Zap the security camera then hack it quickly.
30. Lure the Nitro Splicer to the camera and its security bots will assist you in taking him down. Note the body at the incinerator on the left.
31. Press the furnace control button on the right to incinerate the body and receive this Hacker's Delight. This Physical Tonic awards you a small amount of health and EVE after a successful hack.
32. Ascend the nearby stairs then rush past this Splicer to the crawlspace left of the door ahead. Notice the oil slick on the floor.
33. The Incinerate Plasmid is found inside. Spot the EVE hypo behind the Gatherer's Garden. Another EVE hypo is found on the desk to the right.
34. Splicers attack, surrounding the room. The oil slick you noticed a moment ago trails a bit through the crawlspace. Hit it with your new Incinerate Plasmid to set all the Splicers ablaze!
35. Find a First Aid Kit in the hall before returning downstairs and searching for more goodies, including this troubling audio diary from Steinman, Surgery's Picasso.
36. Return to Dental Services and melt the ice blocking your path with the Incinerate Plasmid. You'll also want to melt the ice blocking this door upstairs at the Twilight Fields funeral home. Don't head inside just yet -- we'll be back.
37. Incinerate also makes short work of this Thuggish Splicer. Find bandages on the floor to the right before proceeding to Kure-All on the left.
38. A Leadhead Splicer is in here and there's a nasty rocket turret on the right. I'm still using Incinerate in this shot, but I recommend switching to Electro Bolt to disable these foes before quickly hacking the turret. You can then take cover behind it while it attacks the Splicer. You'll find a First Aid Kit, a Cash Register, Bandages and Armor-Piercing Pistol Rounds near the turret. Continue through the door seen on the left.
39. Directly ahead is SuChong's audio diary, Enrage Trial. Don't approach it just yet, however, as a security camera is covering the area. Notice the EVE hypo and Electric Buck ammo on the beam above -- if you can't reach them by jumping, you'll be able to retrieve them once you have Telekinesis, coming up soon.
40. Turn right, then find the security camera on the left. I prefer to zap it with Electro Bolt before approaching. Once underneath, look up and maneuver yourself until you see the "X" to hack the camera. An EVE hypo is on the nearby bed. Note the safe under the camera which can be hacked for supplies.
41. With the camera hacked, you can listen to SuChong's audio diary in peace. Find this grate on the right as you head for the door. Smash it with your wrench then climb into the vent.
42. Emerge in this room to find health, ammo, and the Wrench Jockey Combat Tonic, seen ahead. A Thuggish Splicer is now available outside the air vent for you to test your newly-found wrench strength.
43. Exit the Kure-All and find this Shotgun in the room across the hall. Grab the Shotgun and trigger an ambush.
44. The room is sealed and Splicers attack all around. This is a great time to learn the Shotgun. Reload as soon as you pick it up and you shouldn't have any trouble. Just keep circling backwards and fire as they approach.
45. Loot the room after the battle ends then find Tenenbaum's audio diary, Useless Experiments outside the Dandy Dental door on the left. Enter and find plenty of supplies and no enemies. The supply-room door on the right is locked.
46. Most importantly, make an immediate left after entering to pass through a glass door and find the Telekinesis Plasmid at this defunct Gatherer's Garden. SuChong's Audio Diary Testing Telekinesis is propped against the console on the right. You now have three Plasmids but only two Plasmid slots. I choose to replace Incinerate with Telekinesis and keep Electro Bolt, which I find very useful for temporarily disabling turrets and cameras before I hack them. (Warning: without Incinerate, you won't be able to melt the ice blocking the funeral home. If you want to keep Electro Bolt, don't take the Telekinesis Plasmid unless you've melted the ice outside Twilight Fields.)
47. You can practice your Telekinesis skills by activating this switch. Catch the balls as they are thrown by holding the left trigger. Release the left trigger to throw the ball.
48. Crack this safe for decent loot, and check the front counter for cash.
49. Exit to the hallway and continue past the locked Painless Dental door on the left. (The dead-end on the right has a Vita Chamber and some Pep Bars.)
50. Beware of this turret as you round the left corner. An Electro Bolt disables the turret long enough to crawl through the window and hack it.
51. You're now inside Painless Dental. Cash and Electric Buck is behind the counter. A trail of bandages leads to the next room. Note the empty examination bed directly ahead.
52. You become disoriented by mist as you enter the room. You hear footsteps, and then this corpse appears on the bed that was previously empty! Creepy! SuChong's Plasmids Are The Paint audio diary and a Speedy Hacker Engineering Tonic are on the right. Crawl through the vent on the left to battle a Leadhead Splicer and find an Automatic Hack Tool, Armor-Piercing Pistol Rounds, Electric Buck and snacks. Emerge out the previously-locked supply-room door.
53. At the end of the hallway is this opportunity to test your Telekinesis skills. The door on the right is locked, but the key is found dangling just through this window. Pull the key to yourself using Telekinesis, then unlock the door on the right. Inside are two security cameras that you'll want to hack so you can loot the area in peace. Included in the take are some Antipersonnel Auto Rounds for your Machine Gun, plus there is a safe in the back room. Return past the melted ice block to begin your pursuit of Steinman.