1. Ready your Telekinesis as you return upstairs. Nitro Splicers are between you and Dr. Steinman's Aesthetic Ideals. Grab their bombs and toss them back.
2. A Big Daddy and a Little Sister are in the neighboring tunnel, and Steinman is spouting his insanity on the TV. I love this tunnel. It's sort of like living in a snow-globe while watching someone else in another.
3. Steinman is in the room at the end of the tunnel. Don't waste your ammo on him, he's invulnerable for now. He tosses a bomb and blocks the exit with debris.
4. What you need to do is use your Telekinesis to grab one of the bombs being thrown by the Nitro Splicer on the balcony. You can then throw the bomb at the debris and clear the exit.
5. If you didn't already have Telekinesis, Atlas would set a new goal for you to find it. These billboards advertising free Telekinesis Plasmids at Dandy Dental would be your clue to go to Dental Services.
6. Find money in front of this wheel chair, and Steinman's audio diary Symmetry on the wall.
7. Steinman activates a turret and sends a security bot after you. Hacking them both will give you additional allies in the upcoming boss battle.
8. Find the Static Discharge Combat Tonic here. This Tonic will emit an electrical charge against everyone nearby when you are struck.
9. Turn around to find this EVE Hypo.
10. Enter the room on the right. Hack the security camera and you've got a secure place to hide or lure Steinman once the battle begins. An EVE Hypo, cash, ammo, bandages and a safe are found here as well.
11. Steinman's audio diary Aphrodite Walking is found here, alongside Machine Gun ammo.
12. Hack the health station before entering the viewing rooms -- Steinman will use it once injured.
13. Search these storage crates near the door before approaching Steinman.
14. Another crate is to the left of this window, but once you approach, Steinman's insane rambling begins. Once he notices you, head to the door on the right and pass through after it unlocks.
15. Keep right, then rush down the stairs to hack this health station. Note the flammable canister to the right.
16. Use your Telekinesis to pick up the canister, then throw it at Steinman.
17. The resulting explosion, combined with the damage inflicted from your hacked bot, should leave Steinman significantly weakened.
18. He'll run to the hacked health station, destined to be defeated.
19. Grab the Emergency Access Key to complete the goal. Poor guy never had a chance.
20. First Aid Kits abound, one on this table, another on the table to the right, and three more in the safe.
21. Search this corpse for the chilling audio diary Not What She Wanted. Plenty of machine gun rounds can be found around the room as well.
22. The machine gun rounds will assist your hacked turret against a small wave of Thuggish Splicers as you exit. Players who have Incinerate equipped should note the oil slick on the floor.
23. Farther down the corridor, you can finally finish off this Nitro Splicer on the balcony. Use Telekinesis to grab the bombs he tosses and send them back special delivery. Don't miss the First Aid Kits by the Health Station and Circus of Values to the left.
24. Through the Securis door there will be another tunnel collapse. The previously-available door straight ahead is now blocked, but the door on the left is now open.
25. Witness a Big Daddy's defeat, then approach this door to trigger a cutscene.
26. This Splicer is apparently responsible for the Big Daddy defeat you just witnessed. He's about to harvest the Little Sister when Tenenbaum intervenes.
27. Tenenbaum tosses you an unnamed Tonic that will enable you to harvest or rescue the Little Sisters.
28. Approach the Little Sister and make your choice (bandages are to the left). Rescue her and receive 80 ADAM, plus a gift from Tenenbaum every three rescues. Harvest the Little Sister and receive 160 ADAM, but no gifts. The moral choice? I prefer to live in a world, virtual or otherwise, where little girls aren't slaughtered like cattle, so from a role-playing perspective my preference is to save the Little Sisters. That said, from a game play point-of-view, I prefer to have the extra Adam to spend. Having played the game both ways, I prefer to harvest.
29. The Start Menu shows how many Little Sisters are available in your current level, and how many have been rescued or harvested. In this example from an upcoming level, there are three Little Sisters. The first icon shows a harvested Little Sister. The second icon shows a rescued Little Sister, and the third icon shows a Little Sister still under the protection of a Big Daddy.
30. Approach the Gatherer's Garden and find the Gatherer Vulnerability audio log. Supply Crates are on the right.
31. Use the Gatherer's Garden to purchase gene upgrades. My preference is to first buy Plasmid and Tonic slots (not available at this station) followed by Health and EVE Upgrades. Only then purchase new Plasmids and Tonics. Here, I purchase the Health and EVE Upgrades with the 160 ADAM I received for harvesting the Little Sister. (My first play through I rescued all the Little Sisters. This play though I'll be harvesting them all.)
32. Exit out this door, where you'll find another Supply Crate.
33. Splicers are about and you'll want to save your ammo for the upcoming Big Daddy, so switch to your wrench or try to avoid them altogether. Note the Little Sister behind this Splicer. Her Big Daddy is just behind the wall to the right.
34. I'm about to die in this shot. No doubt about it, you are not well-equipped to deal with this fight. I used all nine of my Health Kits and died multiple times.
35. When you die, keep left after exiting the Vita-Chamber to ascend the stairs near Dental. You'll find Big Daddy back in the area near the sign seen on the right. The combination of Electro Bolt followed by your Shotgun (Electric Buckshot is best) or the Machine Gun (don't use Anti-Personnel rounds) whittle's Big Daddy's health down over time, but if you aren't quick, the Little Sister will return through her Hidey Hole and you'll need to wait for another to come back out to play.
36. Once Big Daddy is defeated, you can return to the Gatherer's Garden to spend the ADAM you've received from the Little Sister. I, however, save my ADAM for the moment.
37. If you've been following the walkthrough, the ice at Twilight Fields should be melted. Return and enter for an optional, but profitable, diversion.
38. This room on the left has a solitary Thuggish Splicer. Armor-Piercing Pistol Rounds and cash are found behind the cabinet ahead. Beware the turret behind you.
39. Hack the turret and the safe to obtain some decent loot.
40. Defeat this Thuggish Splicer in the room opposite, then find cash and Buckshot to the left, plus an EVE Hypo to the right. Under the EVE Hypo is a note with the number, "0451."
41. Unsurprisingly, 0451 unlocks the door at this Keypad behind you.
42. Inside you'll find an Automatic Hack Tool, an EVE Hypo, Buckshot and Machine Gun Rounds.
43. Continue through this door in the central room.
44. Find some Bandages to the left then spy this shadowy figure before the lights cut out. Some scary music plays...and nothing happens.
45. Search the corpse on the right then grab the Security Expert Engineering Tonic on the left. You'll now find it easier to hack security turrets, bots, and cameras. Pistol rounds are also here.
46. The shadowy figure - this Splicer - reveals himself on your way out.
47. Defeat the Splicer and now it's time to leave. Grab any supplies you can find, including this First Aid Kit which can be grabbed through the broken door by using Telekinesis.
48. Before entering Emergency Access, you might want to fill up on supplies at the neighboring Circus of Values. I like to purchase EVE Hypos and First Aid Kits, eight each. That way if I find a ninth I can still pick it up.
49. Ascend the stairs and defeat this Nitro Splicer - supposedly Andrew Ryan himself - by using Telekinesis to throw his bombs back at him.
50. Use the Emergency Access Control switch to disable the security lockdown and unlock the door to the Bathysphere.
51. Enter the Bathysphere and pull the lever to travel to Port Neptune.