1. Ava Johnson's chopper will drop you off here, in Trier, Germany. She suggests you begin your search at the Nine Worlds Tavern.
2. Sid Black's harrier will drop you off right in front of the Nine Worlds Tavern.
3. From Ava's drop off position, proceed through this doorway.
4. Turn right where indicated.
5. To the left is an ATM and a grate which leads to the Black Gate Ruins -- we're ignoring that for now. Behind your right shoulder are some boxes with an ammo clip. Enter the QueeQueg's on the right.
6. Talk to the Queequeg's manager and receive a new goal -- investigate his lawsuit against Pequod's. Find the office softkey where indicated.
7. Listen to the patrons' complaints about the disruptions caused by The Order.
8. Talk with David Kurczec, former partner of Mr. O'Rourke in Seattle. He gives you the keycode to meet the Omar at the Trier Curio Shop. Slip through the door visible on the left.
9. Use the softkey on a second door and bring down the greasel inside with your weapon of choice. Here I use the spy drone.
10. On this table you'll find a credit chit worth 100 credits, an ammo clip, a stun prod, and a receipt for the greasel from Galleria Pets.
11. Crack this safe for a spider bomb, a glass destabilizer, an energy cell, a boltcaster, and 200 credits.
12. Return to the bar area and talk with NG. The three responses here have no real difference. Choose the response best suited to your character.
13. Return to the Trier streets. Keep right, then climb this ladder to the helipad above.
14. Grab this multitool two-pack and energy cell from the southwest corner. Hop over the railing to the roof below for an ammo clip.
15. Drop to the street below and speak with these seekers to learn more about the friction between Panzerworks and The Order.
16. Enter the Nine Worlds Tavern and consent to the weapons deactivation scan.
17. Listen to the humiliating Talk Bullet interview with WTO Chairman Dumier.
18. Ascend the stairs and use your Trier Curio Shop keycode to unlock the door.
19. Inside, the Omar are selling a black market canister, three scrambler grenades and five multitools. If you helped the Omar avoid the Templar raid in Cairo, they will offer you a half-price discount.
20. Purchase the black market biomod canister and the Omar will tell you where to find it in the Black Gate Ruins.
21. Clear away the boxes in the southwest corner to find the game's fourth secret weapon: the Assassin Pistol. Also here are a boltcaster, an ammo clip, an energy cell, and two concussion prox mines.
22. The Assassin Pistol has been modified by the Omar for greater range and damage. The light has been replaced by a scope.
23. Descend the stairs to the tavern.
24. Keep right and pass through that door ahead, then another.
25. Approach the holocomm and speak with Ava Johnson. You can choose any of these dialogue options and still fly with Ava later.
26. At the other end of the room you'll find Tracer Tong, a major character from the original Deus Ex. Talk with him and learn that the Templars have a highly-placed spy within ApostleCorp and that they are holding Her Holiness at the Black Gate facility. Tracer will give you a biomod infusion - the equivalent of a biomod canister, and the keycode to a secret entrance, hidden behind some crates. Grab the energy cell and Trier map from the table.
27. Here I use the biomod infusion to install the aggressive defense drone.
28. Exit the room through this door in the southeast corner.
29. Keep right and you'll find this multitool in a bathroom.
30. Unlock this door across the hall.
31. Here's the jackpot - 400 credits on this desk. Note the medkit on the desk's far corner.
32. There's a shotgun and an ammo clip atop this bookshelf.
33. Speak with this seeker and learn than Luminon Saman's schism is taking hold.
34. Listen to the conversation of these two patrons and learn of some weapon mods ripe for the picking.
35. You'll find Sid Black here. If you wish, you can hire him now. The NG Resonance hologram is only good for changing songs.
36. Return to the Trier streets and turn right. Chairman Dumier asks you to report to him at the SSC station. Use a glass destabilizer (when the guards aren't looking) to shatter this window. Climb inside to complete the weapons mods goal. You'll find a shotgun, a sniper rifle, increased range and increased damage mods and two ammo clips.
37. Further up the street you'll witness a confrontation that results in a gun battle between Panzerworks techs and Order seekers.
38. If you're playing as a pacifist you'll want to send in your spy drone in advance to knock them all unconscious. Proceed up the stairs beyond.
39. You'll find the SSC entrance on the left.
40. Inside the SSC, you'll find a Trier map on the reception counter. Speak with Vera Maxwell then follow her through the doorway beyond.
41. Continue following Vera into her office. On her desk is this energy cell, a multitool and an ammo clip.
42. Proceed to the evidence room.
43. Shatter the window with a glass destabilizer. Disable the camera inside with your spy drone or an EMP grenade.
44. Alternately, hack this security computer.
45. Clockwise from top left: Inside you'll find two energy cells on the counter; three unlocked lockers hold an SMG, a shotgun, and three ammo clips; read the datacube by the rightmost locker to complete the Queequeg's coffee wars goal; these shelves hold a black market biomod canister, two flashbombs and two scrambler prox mines.
46. Before ascending the stairs, follow the alcove on the right to a multitool and 100 credits.
47. Enter the holdings cells on the left.
48. Grab this multitool and EMP grenade.
49. Sadistic hackers can use the nearby security computer to activate a stun field and shock this inmate.
50. Proceed to the observation room and watch the conversation between Dumier and Saman. Dumier instructs you to meet him at the visitation room down the hall.
51. Head to the visitation room and talk with Dumier. You'll share what you learned from Tracer Tong, and Dumier will give you the Black Gate Ruins keycode. If you interrogated Dr. Nassif, he'll also give you a standard biomod canister.
52. Exit the SSC HQ and use your keycode on this door to enter the Black Gate Ruins. Alternately, access the ruins via the grate we bypassed earlier.