1. The Stealth loadout gives extra stickies and nonlethal grenades. Redding gives you a shotgun. Assault provides a sniper attachment.
2. Grab the technician and pull him down the dark stairs. Interrogation reveals that Doug Shetland is creating a wireless shadownet. Tap the phone line while the two patrols are at the far end of the alley.
3. Don't go back up the stairs. Instead, mantle over this ledge and hide behind the boxes.
4. Advance while the flickering light is dark. Hoist yourself onto this awning.
5. Patiently wait in the dark until the patrols are both headed away. (OCPing the street light only attracts them.) Hang over the railing and drop to the sewer entrance below.
6. Lambert orders you to not kill any civilians. Climb this ladder and open the trap to enter the bathhouse.
7. Scurry to this guard before he can turn the lights on. Interrogate him for some background then hide his body near the sewer entrance.
8. Whistle to lure this guard into the dark. Grab him and hide his body with the other.
9. Ascend the stairs then check under this door with your optic cable before going through.
10. Two guards and a civilian wander the immediate area. Leave the door open and lure the two guards to the doorway with a whistle or by flipping the light switch. It's then an easy matter to shadow the civilian and grab him from behind. Better yet, avoid him altogether -- knocking out civilians hurts your statistics.
11. Head through the detachable curtains on the left. Once through, a door to your immediate right leads to a medkit.
12. Hold here for the guards to finish talking. One of them steps outside.
13. Scurry to grab this guard after he turns his back to you, careful to avoid being seen through the glass door on the left. Interrogate him for some background.
14. OCP this light then open the left door.
15. Grab the guard outside and knock him out. He's particularly twitchy and you'll want him out of the way.
16. Head back inside and hack this computer to shut down the security camera on the stairs.
17. There are now two ways to reach the second floor. You can take the stairs (which is boring) or return outside and climb this pipe.
18. Follow a small ledge to this zip line.
19. Hang tight until the civilian turns around, then climb through the window and grab him.
20. Interrogate him repeatedly as he's full of information, including the door code to the owner's office, 3650.
21. Use your optic cable to time your exit to the hallway so that you can grab this patrol from behind.
22. Enter with code 3650.
23. Use this computer or the file cabinet against the wall to update your objectives.
24. Enter this crawl space (inset) to spy on a pair of I-SDF operatives and update your objectives. Grab one as he sits at his computer to find out who gave the assault team their orders - a man named Kaneda. You can also get this information from the computers.
25. Return downstairs then head through the door far-right.
26. Hold here for the solitary guard to begin his patrol, then grab him from behind. Interrogate him to learn that the pool is on the left and the baths are on the right.
27. Keep left, break through the yellow tape then cut the material to enter the pool area, under construction.
28. Two guards patrol the pool area. OCP this light.
29. Drop into the empty pool and pierce the generator to take the light out permanently.
30. Climb out of the pool and tap the indicated phone line before proceeding through the door ahead. You can easily grab both guards from behind in the dark, or leave them alone if you prefer.
31. Pause hear and wait for the cold bath to fill with fog. Overhear the guard suggest that night vision won't help in here but thermal vision will.
32. Before the guards finish talking and the fog dissipates, climb over the bath partitions to the door far-left. If you head right, you'll encounter a Red Nishin member who, if interrogated, reveals that Red Nishin means, "Red Herring." Also to the right is a door that leads to the massage area (with a medkit) and the dry bath, which returns you from the right where you earlier turned left.
33. A turret and a guard are ahead in the steam bath. A guard from the previous area will patrol this hallway, so you don't want to linger here.
34. Enter and immediately turn left. The guard is alerted, but if you quickly turn this valve, the room fills with steam, allowing you to avoid him.
35. Climb over the partitions to move across the room while avoiding the guard.
36. Deactivate the turret here.
37. Slip through this curtain and enter the private baths.
38. Blow out this candle; a guard will soon be on patrol.
39. The third and final phone tap is behind the reception desk.
40. Wait by the candle to grab the guard when he comes to light it. Put his body behind the reception desk.
41. You have two paths to choose from here. You can either head left, my preference, or head to the bathroom far-right. Both paths converge on the same hallway.
42. Hold here while one guard tells the technician to check for bugs in a ventilation shaft that leads to the meeting room. Once they've moved on down the hall, continue through the doorway ahead.
43. You'll find this crawlspace to the left.
44. Stay in the dark while the technician emerges from behind the glass then crosses the bridge.
45. Interrogate the technician to learn that he's found no listening devices. Cross the bridge and enter the area behind the glass.
46. Enter the crawlspace ahead.
47. Approach the vent at the back of the crawlspace and watch the scene that plays out.
48. Your objectives are updated and a firefight breaks out between Displace and the I-SDF. Backtrack the way you came, turning left once you exit through the second crawlspace. Stay still and ready your sticky shockers. If you chose stealth, you should have six.
49. There are a total of four soldiers in this firefight, so aim sharp. Your thermal vision helps identify your targets.
50. I was actually able to grab one of the night-vision-wearing Displace guards from behind, but it wasn't possible to interrogate him. Note that if you continue down this corridor on the right you will find the reception area impassible, and protected by a guard.
51. Instead, continue past the firefight area and head left through here.
52. If you like, enter the room on the left (where Shetland killed Kaneda) to find ammo, frag and flashbang grenades, but beware the camera above the door. The way forward is past the medkit on the right.
53. Don't be in such a rush that you miss the telltale beeping of a wall mine. Advance in sync with the green light and disable it.
54. Save your game before continuing, this next room is very difficult. There are three Displace mercs in this room, immune to gas and equipped with night vision. I found the best tactic was to use two smoke grenades, one up-close and one midway to the door far-right, your destination.
55. Sticky cameras help you spy the locations of the three mercs before you begin. (My position is indicated with the arrow.)
56. Use your thermal vision to see through the smoke. Close the door behind yourself if you can. This is very hit-and-miss and you will likely need to reload several times. This is a tough room, no doubt.
57. Disable this wall mine just past the first corner.
58. Shetland is in the next area placing bombs, three total, each with their own 90-second timer. Break through this lock to save time.
59. Head left near the stairs and defuse the first bomb at the back of the tunnel.
60. A single merc spawns, equipped with night vision and a gas mask. Quietly emerge from the tunnel and hold here until he follows the catwalk right.
61. Scurry upstairs to be in position to zap him with a sticky shocker as he advances on the adjoining catwalk.
62. Hop over this railing.
63. Defuse the second bomb while Shetland taunts you.
64. Two more displace mercenaries spawn. Quickly climb back over the railing and wait for the first one to pass before zapping the second with a sticky shocker. (If you sticky shocker the first merc, the second will immediately open fire.)
65. If you're out of sticky shockers like I am now, quickly ready your airfoil rounds. Drop the other merc as he rounds the bend.
66. Head right then leap to this platform to disable the third and final bomb as Shetland taunts you once again.
67. Immediately train your sights on this door. Once it opens, fire an airfoil round to defeat the final mercenary of the level.
68. Go through the door, up a ladder and through another door to initiate this scene. Learn of Shetland's Chaos Theory to throw the world into war in hopes that a better world will emerge. Right.
69. After regaining control you have two options: shoot Shetland or lower your gun, then stab him in self-defense.
70. Either way, the mission ends in the death of Douglas Shetland - at the hand of Sam Fisher.