1. The opening cutscene shows the Kernel sentencing you to the game grid.
2. You've entered a new area (Vaporware from Unauthorized User). You must reconfigure your memory. The above setup works well.
3. Welcome to the Staging Pit. You are ordered to arena one.
4. Approach Wolfgang, straight ahead. Take the Rod Primitive that he offers you.
5. The eighth build note raises you to v1.7.3.
6. This archive bin contains Permissions 2 and 6, plus an email. You do not yet have permission to access the archive bin in the background.
7. Talk to Elmer and he opens the port to the data stream.
8. Step into the data stream to enter the training grid.
9. Here is your light cycle. Listen to the tutorial, then practice against the trial opponents on the second grid. A gamepad makes these levels easier. My preference is the Nostromo N52 (which I use for all my games).
10. There are two Turbo Boost power ups (yellow) and two Shield Breaks (blue).
11. Practice as long as you like. If you defeat both trainers, two more will spawn. Steer over the exit icon to leave the grid and end the training.
12. Five build points are added to your version number for completing light cycle training, bringing you to v1.7.8. You can talk to Elmer and he'll open the port for training as often as you like.
13. Build note number nine can be seen in the rear of this shot. Snatch it to raise yourself to v1.8.0.
14. Build note number 10 raises you to v1.8.2.
15. Enter the data stream to begin your first race.
16. Turn left to grab this Shield Break and give yourself an early edge over your opponents.
17. If you're having trouble, stay on the outside of the grid and let your opponents eliminate each other. If you're really having difficulty, the initial patch lets you skip the race if you want.
18. Don't relax after your victory - you still have to safely exit the grid. Slow down if you need to.
19. Here's the exit. Drive over the exit icon to leave the grid.
20. You are awarded five build points for completing the light cycle race, raising you to v1.8.7. The arrow indicates build note 11, raising you to 1.8.9.
21. Talk to rttask.exe. He congratulates you and gives you a permission for a security locker.
22. The locker you need may vary from game to game - thanks tronfaq! Once you find the locker that matches your Permission, you'll acquire a Super Light Cycle and five build points, raising you to v1.9.4.
23. The email in this archive bin is now accessible.
24. Spooler.exe wants to know which racer will win the next race. Answer '4' that you don't know who will win the next race, or just answer '2' for the Blue racer if you want to cut to the chase.
25. You are tasked to ask around and determine who is the favorite. Moses_468 tells you that Yellow is a longshot.
26. Elmer_144 states that, "Blue has been recently optimized for speed."
27. Return to spooler. This time tell him to bet on the Blue racer. You will receive five build points when Blue wins, raising you to v1.9.9.
28. Back to the game grid, this time with the Super Light Cycle. Very cool.
29. Four racers on the grid. Open with a quick right turn.
30. Snatch the Shield Break, careful to avoid Red.
31. Again, if you have difficulty tackling the race head-on, you can stick to the outside and let your opponents derezz each other. Once you are the last man standing, here is where you'll find the exit.
32. You receive five build points for completing the race, which raises you to v2.0.4.
33. You have gained a level, and can now increase your performance ratings. Continue to focus on your Energy rating to benefit from the infinite energy patch routines and also to reach Surge Mode as quickly as possible. Surge Mode elevates the maximum Energy Cache to 300 units.
34. Grab build note 12 and raise yourself to v2.0.6.
35. You must talk to other racers around the Pit. Jay_897 gives you the slim odds of defeating Mercury, who is so far unbeaten.
36. Talk to Oswald_327 to continue the objective.
37. Talk to Virginia_993 and complete the objective.
38. Head back into the data stream to reenter the game grid.
39. This time things turn out a bit differently. Your goal here is just to stay alive. Begin with a left turn.
40. Grab this Shield Break.
41. Mercury sabotages the grid. She instructs you to escape.
42. The other players are still very much in the game. Avoid them and drive to the other side of the game arena. Can you tell I like Shield Breaks?
43. Follow Mercury's instructions and steer toward this exit ramp.
44. A cutscene takes over to end the level. You escape up the ramp and are now on the run with Mercury.