1. The game begins with a lengthy cutscene. Jet Bradley is digitized by Ma3a (pronounced Muh-three-uh).
2. Byte asks you to choose between continuing basic training or jumping right into combat training.
3. Follow Byte's instructions. When you have learned about build points your version number will increase for the first time - from v0.0.0 to v1.0.5.
4. Press F1 and adjust your performance ratings. The recommended approach is to focus on the energy rating initially to benefit from the infinite energy terminals throughout the levels.
5. Continue to follow Byte's instructions. Download Permission 3 from this Archive Bin by pressing the '1' key on your keyboard.
6. This is an important concept used throughout the game. The ring indicates permissions 1-8 in a clockwise pattern (numbers added for emphasis). Note the highlighted permission 3.
7. Blue tesseracts are permissions, red tesseracts are subroutines, and green tesseracts are emails. (Tesseracts are interesting shapes in that they represent the shadows of hypercubes in the 4th dimension.)
8. Next up: Learn about I/O Nodes (indicated by the arrow) and receive a message from Ma3a.
9. Follow Byte to this room. Learn about bits (arrow) and how to transfer energy to them (inset, upper-right).
10. The bit floats to the byte socket. Lower the forcefield and enter the data stream to end the level.